Seeking Part-Time Police Officers
Post date: Aug 1, 2018 12:23:54 PM
Part-time Police Officers – Southwest Greensburg Borough Police Department, Westmoreland County, PA
The Southwest Greensburg Borough Police Department are now accepting applications to fill positions for part-time police officers.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
• Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years of age.
• Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
• Applicant must be Act 120 certified.
• Must possess a current CPR/First Aid Certification.
• Must pass a physical and psychological exam and drug screening.
• Must pass weapons qualification.
• Must be knowledgeable in modern police practices and methods used in crime investigation and the identification and preservation of physical evidence and knowledgeable in Commonwealth laws, rules, and regulations.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 16-24 hours per week, primarily nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Position will require employee to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations and to determine proper courses of action.
• Six-month probationary period.
• At least 1-2 years of prior police experience at a fulltime federal, state or local police department.
• Associates degree or higher education in Criminal Justice or equivalent degree.
Full consideration will be given to applications received by August 15th.
• Employment applications are available at www.swgreensburg.org/home/forms.
• Applicants must provide the name, phone number, and email address of three professional references.
• The selected candidate will also be required to complete a successful oral interview and background investigation as a condition of employment.
*Retired Police Officers are encouraged to apply for this position.
Employment applications may be mailed to:
Southwest Greensburg Borough Police Department, ATTN: Chief Christopher Kent, 564 Stanton Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
or emailed to: Chief Kent firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com